Live Tool Technology
MD Tooling provides tooling designed, engineered, and manufactured by M.T. Marchetti, a major live tool manufacturer in Rimini, Italy, and a leader in live tool technology. M.T. Marchetti designs and manufactures more than 2,500 driven and static tools for DMG / Mori Seiki, Doosan, Nakamura-Tome, Eurotech, Okuma, Hyundai-WIA, Mazak, Haas, Samsung, Goodway, Ganesh, Citizen, Nomura, Tornos, Tsugami, as well as Duplomatic, Baruffaldi and Sauter turrets.
The success of the drive and static tool holders are largely due to the precision methods by which they are designed and manufactured. Only the best angular contact, high-speed bearings available are used. Add to this the exacting tolerances to which all shafts, gears and bearing pockets are ground. Top this off with a seal system that will not allow any contamination from chips or coolant and you end up with a live tool that is more rigid, will perform faster and last longer.
Quality Built In
A commitment to provide the most reliable, highest accuracy tooling available means a commitment to quality.
The Quality Control and Inspection Departments at M.T. Marchetti follow the most stringent quality and inspection procedures which include:
- Verification of material type and traceability.
- Heat treatment certification.
- 100% inspection of critical components.
- Ceramic coating of all central shafts for extended life.
- Utilization of seals to withstand 70 bar pressure on coolant through driven tools.
- Finite measurement of roundness and concentricity of all central shafts guaranteeing a 4 micron maximum run-out of the finished tool.
- Integration of super precision bearings for use on all driven tooling.
- Final inspection and test of every driven and static tool.
- Individual serial numbers / code references laser etched on the side of every driven and static tool to identify the manufacturing and dispatch date.
Two Year Warranty
All of the tooling available have been designed to give years of service in the most demanding applications. It is not uncommon for MD Tooling's tool holders to last four or five years. Given the longevity of our tool holders we are able to back them with a 2-year factory warranty. MD Tooling will repair or replace (whichever is faster) any defective tool holders for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
Innovative tool design is a key reason we are the fastest growing manufacturer of live tooling. The Research and Development Department at M.T. Marchetti are constantly evaluating the processes of today’s manufacturers to develop new and innovative solutions. Recent developments include an MTSK Quick Change Removal System which has a quick change clamping nut so the modular tool adapters can be easily ejected.
Products such as our adjustable angle gear cutting or hobbing holder for your turning center are truly on the forefront of turning technology. The Gear Hobber allows you to hob spur gears, bevel gears, helical gears and spline shafts in your turning center along with your turning process. As innovative thinkers, we see no need to stop at just the standard radial and axial line up of tool holders. We embrace the innovative process that has made US manufacturing a world leader and continue to develop unique live tooling to help our customers save time and money.